July 9, 2012 Good Week

Hey Everyone,

    I hope you all had a great week and a great 4th of July!  This week was a little weird, because I was in Alexandria the whole week.  I went on exchanges with the Pineville missionaries and then we had specialized training with President Wall in Alexandria too.  So Elder Jensen stayed down in Marksville, with one of the Pineville Elders.  Apparently I missed the best 4th of July party ever. Elder Jensen said that Marksville was just packed with people everywhere.  Oh well It would've been cool to see, but it was still good being up in Pineville.
    We did find someone new this week.  Actually we didn't do anything to find them.  Her name is Beverly and she was a media referral that we got from church headquarters.  We met with her on Friday and had a good lesson.  She had gone on to Mormon.org and said that she had been looking up all she could about the church.  She had a Book of Mormon already and had read to 2 Nephi!  She is really wanting to learn more and she came to church on Sunday!  It's going to take a little while for her because she has a hard time understanding the Book of Mormon and she doesn't understand everything that we've taught her.  We're excited about her though and she is working towards baptism.  Other then that not too much else happened.  It just reminded me that the Lord truly is preparing people to accept the gospel.  I love the work out here and there couldn't be anything better that I could be doing right now.  I know that living the gospel brings us true happiness and joy.  I hope you all have a great week.

Love,
Elder Cooper