March 15, 2011

Hey everyone,

    Hope you all had a great week.  This last week we had some crazy weather again at the beginning of the week.  On Tuesday we were on lock down actually from 7am to 1pm because the weather was pretty bad.  There was a lot of lightning and some tornadoes and tornado warnings.  A few tornadoes did touch down in a small town called Big Branch, which is in my area, but luckily no one was hurt and there wasn't much damage.
    Transfer calls were yesterday!  I found out that I'm staying here in Mandeville and so is Elder Ruzicka.  I'm glad that I'm staying here for another transfer.  Mandeville is a great area and the ward here is awesome.  This last week though, we weren't able to see a couple of our investigators who have baptismal dates.  Hopefully we'll be able to see Adrian soon because he still needs to be taught a lot of the doctrine.  The sister missionaries in our ward had a baptism on Saturday.  Lamar was supposed to be coming to it with his mom.  He texted us early that morning though and told us that his mom said that they weren't going to be able to make it and that she doesn't want Lamar to be baptized anymore.  She said that he's already been baptized in a Christian church.  I guess we didn't teach her well enough about the priesthood authority and baptism.  It was really discouraging, and we're not going to be able to see them till this next Saturday.  We're hopeful though that we'll be able to address his mom's concerns because he is way ready for baptism and he really wants to be baptized.  So we're still going to try to work for the 26th of March for Lamar to be baptized.  Not too much else happened this week.  Well I hope you all had a good spring break and that you have a great week this week!

Love,
Elder Cooper