Hey Everyone!
I can't believe this is the last time I will be writing home. It has been a really weird feeling this last week. I can't really explain it but it's the weirdest feeling ever. Plus the fact that I wasn't at church for my last Sunday. We had the opportunity to go down to the New Orleans area for hurricane clean up. We went to spend the night Friday in the mission home and then worked all day Saturday and Sunday. I was pretty bummed out at the first of the week though because we found out that everyone in the mission except for our zone was doing clean up work since Monday. Luckily President Wall invited us down to help for the weekend. We went to do work in Laplace. It got hit the worst probably from Isaac. There were over 7000 homes that were flooded. It was crazy to see all of the piles of trash and people's homes out on in their front yard. We helped by gutting the houses. The smell there was horrible and all of the homes were covered in mold. It was a good experience though. I loved it and was glad that I got to do some service like that on my mission. It was good to see all of the missionaries too and to see old companions and friends and be able to say bye to them.
I'm going to miss it here in Marksville and in Louisiana. I've grown to love the people here and truly will miss them as well. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I had to serve these great people. Serving the lord for two years has changed my life and it has been the greatest experience. I know that this is Christ's restored gospel and that by living it we will find true happiness and joy. I know that with God all things are possible even if it seems like at the time it is the hardest thing you've ever gone through and that you won't be able to get through it. I love the Lord and hope that I will continue to serve him to the fullest. I love all of you and can't wait to see ya. I hope that you all have a great week and I'll be seeing you soon!!
Love,
Elder Cooper