Weird Week, Sept. 4, 2012

Hey Everyone,

    I hope you all had great week.  We weathered out the storm here, except it didn't really hit us at all.  It was suppose to rain 10 to 12 inches, but I think we only had like 2 or 3 inches.  Anyways it ways pretty anti climatic.  We also went up to stay with the Alexandria missionaries so we weren't as bored during the lock down.  I guess it was a blessing though that it kind of missed us.  Parts of New Orleans though I heard were flooded pretty bad.  We are going to go down on Saturday and Sunday probably to help out with service down there.  I really want to do the service, but at the same time if I go I will miss my last Sunday and won't be able to see some of the members for the last time.  So we'll see what happens.  So with the Hurricane we weren't able to do much during the middle of the week.  We were able to see Ms. Beverly and had a lesson with her on baptism.  It went pretty good.  She is one of the most difficult people I've ever taught.  She keeps all of her commitments and she wants to be baptized, but everything we teach doesn't really sink in.  She is a very agreeing person and so it is hard to judge if she is really understanding the lessons and if she is getting baptized for the right reasons.  She is scheduled for Sept 15 to be baptized so we are going to be working with her a lot this next couple of weeks to prepare her for that.
    I can't believe that I only have one more time that I will be e-mailing home.  Time has just flown by so fast.  It's been weird because everyone now keeps asking how I'm feeling about it.  I don't think it's really hit me yet.  I'm excited to see everyone, but at the same time I'm going to miss it out here.  I just love this work and there won't be another time really like it.  I just feel privileged to be a part of this great work and am truly going to miss it.  I know that this last week will be weird, but awesome too.  I hope that you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Cooper