Hey Everyone,
Hope everyone had a great three day weekend. This last week seemed like not too much happened because I was stuck in the apartment for two days. I got sick on Thursday with the flu or some kind of virus. I think I got it from John and Katie's daughter Olivia. She was really sick a week ago and had to go to the hospital. So it was pretty bad and then I gave it to my companion who got sick the next day. Luckily I was feeling better Friday, but we had to stay in the apartment since my companion was sick. It was extremely boring and we ended up reading the bible from the beginning. It was actually pretty interesting and we had some cool discussions about things that we read. Anyways, so it felt like we didn't get that much done since we were stuck in the apartment for 2 days. Something good though was Katie started reading the Book of Mormon daily and she is really liking it. We just need to get them committed for baptism because they're definitely ready for it. Oh, yeah, and the beginning of the week we had what's known as a missionary tour, where a general authority comes and tours the mission. So on Tuesday and Wednesday we were in Baton Rouge for most of the day. Elder Robbins of the 70 was the general authority that came to tour the mission. On Wednesday he talked to just us missionaries in Baton Rouge zone. It was a really good meeting and you can tell that what he said was inspired. So this week it felt like I hardly did any real missionary work, but it was still a good week, except for being sick of course.
I heard about the shooting in Tucson from John and Katie. It was really sad to hear about and it always just amazes me how someone could do that. It sounds like there is a lot going on in the world right now. Some of our investigators are pretty worried about it. It's a good thing though because we are able to testify about how if we are faithful and listen to the prophet that we will be safe and all right. It's such a blessing to have the gospel in our lives. We know that even if we can't trust in man anymore that we can trust in God and that he will guide us and bless us. I love this gospel and I love this work. I hope that you all have a great week.
Love,
Elder Cooper